Tired.......

Posted by: cheryl

I started out the day tired and that is how i am ending it......I knew better, but i stayed up til 3 am this morning talking to a friend. I only got a few hours sleep before getting up this morning. I am getting to old for that........I didn't do much of anything today. watched the news on tv, heard about the huge tornado in Colorado and the price of oil. The price of a gallon of gas is crazy.....and because of that i don't do anymore running than necessary. Went to watch that 6 year old nephew play ball tonite. his team sure is good. they won their game. he wanted to come home with me till dark, so i said ok. he tormented my son, ha ha!!! took him home and played with him and his little 2 1/2 year old sister at my sister's house. they are a lot of fun....i think we all wore one another out.....ritzy called and talked for a few minutes today, i was busy trying to copy and scan pictures of my mom & dad and our family, because me, my sisters and brother are giving them a surprise party for their 50th anniversary. i found out mom was going to be gone from the house for a while today so me and a niece went up there, found old pictures, brought them here, scanned, and copied them and took them back before mom got back. while i was doing all this, hubby called. i hate being busy when he calls, but i could not help it. this party is the second Saturday in June, so we were running out of time to get this "little" job done. thank goodness an opportunity came for us to "sneak" those pictures!!!! i sure hope we can pull off the surprise part of this party. Dad knows, so we are really trying to surprise mom. their anniversary is actually June 6th but my brother is on vacation at that time so we are doing it the next Saturday. i was tyring to think of a way to do something for mom and surprise her too, so i asked if her and dad had any plans , she said no so i said, since my brother is going to be gone that weekend,we who are here could meet together somewhere nice for a meal and have cake afterward. she said that sounded like a good idea. we are trying to throw her off and make her think this is all she is getting for such a special occasion. like i said i sure hope it works. i hate it that Ritzy has to miss it, but what do you do????? he is going to miss our 25th anniversary.......
i saw someone who works in an office that ritzy talks to quite a bit at the game tonite and they reminded me that they think of ritzy and me everyday and pray for us. you have no idea how good it felt just to hear those words, and how much i appreciated hearing that......you never know what a kind word will mean in some one's life, so don't ever hesitate to say one to those you know...................i don't know if i am looking forward to this memorial day or not, with ritzy being gone, i sure am gonna miss him........................

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment