Memorial Day 2008

Posted by: cheryl


I want to begin with saying that I am so thankful for the sacrifices made by our brave men and women of the armed services. Those who have passed on and those currently serving. Each day we should all think of what it took to make America a "free" nation and not ever forget it .

We had a good holiday at the parent's house today, although I first thought it was going to be a wash out. It rained part of the night and all morning. Finally the sun came out and the day turned out to be pretty good. Because of the rain, it didn't get near as hot as predicted.

All that food, a lot of family and friends, who could ask for more...........I sure missed Ritzy though. I told him I would take pictures of all the food and send them to him. I laughed and asked if that was kind of "mean" and he said "yes". ;-) I am gonna do it anyway!!!!
We played horseshoes, talked A LOT, played with the little kids or just watched them play. They are so fun to watch, it's like they are in their own little world.
I got more sun than I thought, because when I got ready to take my bath I noticed I had a red back and arms.
Well, Ritzy's 2nd follow-up appointment is tomorrow and I think he will find out when the Dr. is going to release him to go back to Iraq. As far as I know, he is doing fine, still healing, though.
I think I need a vacation to recover from this holiday.........I think about it as being 1 down and 2 to go before Ritzy returns this fall.................................................

This entry was posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment