Slow Day

Posted by: cheryl

Not much going on here today....It's about time! I picked up my great-nephew from school. He came home with me and stayed till about 7. I took him to his nana's and stayed there for about
1 1/2 hours. Hubby called earlier in the day and we talked for our allotted 30 minutes, it seems he was finally able to move out of a tent that sleeps about 40 - to a room that only he and one other person share. He was kind of excited to be in his own "space" during the rest of this deployment....I have said it before and I will keep saying it until he returns home----I sure do miss him!!!!! He is more than halfway thru this deployment, (less than 5 months to go) and the end of it can't come soon enough for me. I can't wait until the army no longer has it's hold on him and we can have the rest of our time to ourselves. He is retiring after this deployment, and after 21 years of service - I say I am "ready" for this.....Don't get me wrong-----I have always supported his service to our country and am very proud of him. But like I said I am ready to have him to myself.......I just keep thinking about what it is going to be like when he returns home after being gone for 12 months. We are going to have to get "used" to each other again ..... After being married for 25 years that sounds kind of strange doesn't it......

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment