Finally....

Posted by: cheryl

I think I finally got caught up with the running around, yard work, dinner dates, etc....today. I had a wonderful time with the ladies from Ritzy's civilian job today as we met for lunch. We decided we need to do it more often. I planted a few more flowers and also 1 bell pepper plant. I finished burning the rest of the brush and I decided to put hummingbird feeders in the yard. I wasn't going to feed the hummers, but as I was sitting at my patio table the other evening a hummer came by the artificial flowers I had "planted". Made me feel bad and guilty that I didn't have anything for him to eat. I quit trying to feed them because I hate dealing with the ants that always find their way to the feeders. I put some poison at the base of the hook they are hung on and I learned today that duct tape (sticky side out) wrapped aroung base works. I am certainly going to try that. Who knew of all the uses for duct tape???? ;-) I guess I can now sit in my chair and rest until something else comes along....which it usually does. I just wish I could go relax in my recliner but since Ritzy has been gone I don't even like to go into the living room to watch tv. That is just something we always did together. You know I haven't even put up the clothes he wore when he was home for 10 days in December. They are still folded in the wash room. Just can't bring myself to do it. I guess I like seeing them when I walk into the utility room, they remind me of him, and how much I love and miss him.......I usually spend my free time at the laptop which is on the dining table. The kids and I don't eat at the table so I might as well use it for something.....I think it is supposed to rain for the next 2-3 days, it figures, here in Oklahoma don't get used to the weather cause it's going to be changing pretty soon.........(except in August where it just stays hot!!!) Who knows what tomorrow will bring.........

This entry was posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment