A Lot of Thinking Going On........

Posted by: cheryl

My thoughts today are about a lot of different things. Where do I start??
Well I just finished eating one of those fine peaches. I swear it was as big as a grapefruit. I picked it out today while freezing the bushel of peaches I bought Thursday. I put them in the food saver bags so they can freeze, then in a day or so I will cut the bag open and vacuum seal it. They will keep for a long time. The son asked if I was going to save any to eat and I said, of course. Anyways, that peach has been sitting in a plate on the table by my computer today and I was trying to pick just the right time to eat it, which was about 5 minutes ago ;-) Darn, it feels like I swallowed a basketball after eating that huge peach. haha!!!
I put up enough peaches for 6 cobblers this winter. I will probably be making at least 1 more trip to Porter for some more of those wonderful peaches in the very near future.
This was one of those days that I really missed having Ritzy around. I was alone (again) tonite, cause the kids had their own running around to do. Don't get me wrong, I like and treasure my alone time, but since Ritzy has been gone there has been way too much of it.
I went down to visit the niece and nephew, we played for about an hour and I came back home.
The son called as I was writing this and told me to look out the window. It seems that there were a lot of motorcycles in front of him. I sat at the dining room window and counted 48 of them going by. These were some fancy bikes. All lit up and quiet. I would have liked to have seen them in the daylight. If he had not told me they were coming, I would have never know it because I could not hear them. NICE!!!!
I got the weed eating done and then blew the grass off the sidewalk, flag base and windmill base.
Don't know why it "bugs" me to have grass on those places, but it does.
Ritzy was going to have to take care of some "business" after his shift tonite and I don't think he was looking forward to it. I really hate it when Ritzy tells me that people have a problem with the way he does his job. He never puts out less than 100 percent of anything that is asked of him. He puts up with a lot. I am so proud of him and the way he conducts himself in the army and his regular job .
I told you the thoughts were kind of going crazy tonite.........
Saying it again - I will be so glad when this is over and he is back home!!!!!
I told him today in our phone conversation that I can hardly wait until he gets home because we are going to visit his parents in Wisconsin for a few weeks. This year it will be so wonderful to get away and just give our full attention to each other. When we are there it is almost like we are alone, because his parents are older and they aren't able to be up a lot and they go to bed real early. I could not enjoy the trip last year because I knew all the time we were there that a short time after returning home was when he would be leaving for this deployment. I don't have to worry about that ever again. He has put in almost 21 years with the National Guard and he is outta there in a few months after they return home!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!
That may sound like I don't support him, but nothing is farther from the truth. I have always supported his work and time in the Guard, and even helped when I could, but I am ready to have him to myself and not have him gone that " one weekend a month and two weeks a year"!!!!!!!
In the past 5 years he has been deployed 2 of them.
I am also thinking about that 25th anniversary coming up in about 10 days. ;-(
I was in the same "boat" last year because of their training for this deployment. Because of that we missed number 24 too...........

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment