Another Holiday Without Ritzy........

Posted by: cheryl


Another summer holiday almost here. These holidays are usually my favorite times of the year ( besides Christmas of course), but this year they just seem like another day. I have one more to go before Ritzy returns from this deployment.

We will go to my parent's house tomorrow and eat barbecue, which is one of my favorite foods. I don't care what it is, if it's barbecued it has to be good ;-) Favorite barbecue is brisket & baby back ribs.

My Dad has a soft-serve ice cream machine that someone gave him, and you can bet we will be having ice cream too. A root beer float sure sounds good after lunch. yummmmm.......

I have an uncle who always brings me some root beer just for that reason. That's really sweet of him. I used to clean his house up until this last fall, when the back decided to start bothering me. Saw the Dr. and she said running a vacuum cleaner was one of the worst things for my back so I quit cleaning houses. Only clean my own and sometimes that's enough. I still can't believe how much I have to do with 2 - 20 somethings living in the house.........

Speaking of those two, the son and a cousin went to see the new Will Smith movie tonite, I am anxious to hear how it was. The daughter and a friend went to my sister's house to swim. Soooooo,,, that means I am here alone, again..........I sure miss Ritzy!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered a 3' x 6' vinyl banner for his homecoming online a while ago. A lady who keeps us informed about what is going on with our soldiers e-mailed me about a company that was giving them to soldiers' friends and families . You get to order 1 per soldier. I got to design it the way I wanted, putting pictures, clip art, & text on it . Only had to pay a very small price for the shipping. That was really nice of them and I wrote and told them so. Should be getting it in a couple of weeks. Can hardly wait to see it.

Sometimes I think the people of this country forget that we have soldiers somewhere fighting in 2 different wars, and the families back home waiting on them. That's why it was so nice to hear about this company's generosity.
I guess I had better go so I can send Ritzy that "nightly" email. Have to wish him a Happy 4th of July. Hope he has a good day...................

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment