Emotional Day.......

Posted by: cheryl


Today started out with a phone call. I was asked to come play the piano at the local Senior Citizens dinner today. I said sure. So I got up , took care of some church business while in town before going to the center to play piano. Heck, I got a free meal out of it. Good home cookin' Yumm!!!!!!!!!!!! Ritzy called while I was in the middle of playing, so I quit to take his call. Explained why his call came first and they all understood. After talking I went back to playing.

I then had to go to Vinita to the Wal-mart to get a few things including what I was bringing to church fellowship dinner tonite. While on my way back, i get a call from a sister to see if i can take her to another town. So I said sure, just let me get home to put up these food items. Took her to town and got back home around 4pm. Had about 2 hours before it was time for church. Spent that on computer reading the day's news.

Went to church, we had our dinner and then the business meeting started. It seems there were some people not satisfied with the way I was doing the business of the church, why they did not come to me first, I don't know. It was made to make it look like I wasn't doing my job. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am not bragging, just stating a fact. I keep the books and the business of our church up to date. It seems they were having problems with their checking account and were trying to blame it on the way I make deposits. One does not have anything to do with the other. Once you write a check, the money is gone, whether the check clears the next day or the next week. I guarantee you that they were checking their bank balance and writing checks on the balance without deducting the outstanding checks. Anyways it was all I could do to keep my composure. I stopped everyone and said that honestly, it has been very hard to keep up this job with my husband gone to war in a foreign country. Even so I have done the best I could and everything is up to date and stays that way and if I have done anything wrong, I apologize. Also told them that anyone who wanted the job could have it, but guess what::::no takers!!!!!!!! Our Director of Missions (since we are pastorless at the moment) turned to me and said that I owe no one an apology... It was so hard sitting thru that meeting. I don't know what the heck was going on. Afterward he told me not to take it personal. I asked how a person does that and I told him that "eventually I wouldn't....

My daughter heard about this from my sister and came home and asked me why I did not "tell them off". I informed her that was not an option.

I claim to be a Christian and I had better let my life show it, no matter what comes.

I have always heard that Christians can be 'meaner' than anyone, and I am sad to say it, but I think they were right. It is so sad when people have to let their "true" colors show.

After coming home and having a good cry, and missing Ritzy to stand up for me, I think I will make it now ;-)

I can choose not to make this my problem and that is what I am going to do. I'll just keep doing my job and giving it my best shot.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment