Calm................

Posted by: cheryl

Ahhhhhhh!!!!! After yesterday, I sure needed a day like today. Nice and calm......no surprises, no griping, no nothin.......
I didn't do much of anything except the normal household chores. Tonite I grilled chicken and pineapple outside. Boy, I think those mosquitos had me for dinner...... I fixed a couple of side dishes to go along. The daughter even said it was good....WOW!!!!
I went down to see those kiddos for a while. The soon-to-be 7 year old started 2 weeks of summer school today. I asked him what he learned and if any of his friends were there and he told me he would not tell me anything unless I told him what I was buying him for his birthday (which is this coming sunday)....I would not give in and neither would he ;-) Either we both won or we both lost, depends on how you look at it I guess......... After this 2 weeks of school, he gets 2 weeks off then school starts. He will be in the Second Grade.....Where has the summer gone?????? In some ways it has gone by fast, but when I think about Ritzy it seems to have gone by at a snail's pace........
Me, my sister, sister-in-law and Mom are all going over to our youngest sisters tomorrow for lunch. It is her and her husbands birthdays. It is also their anniversary. Can you believe it....
I called her to see if she was going to be home and she told her husband what we were planning and I said that I guessed that he could come too since it is his birthday too. He said, "You mean you are inviting me to my own house??" I said he was invited as long as he didn't spoil the fun or cause any problems. You see he is a Baptist Preacher......Personally, I think he is nuts for wanting to be the same house with his Mother-in-law, wife, and 3 sisters-in-law, don't you?????? He doesn't stand a chance ;-)
He and I are always kidding each other. But, he is a pretty good brother-in-law. I guess we will keep him.........
I had better enjoy the quiet tonite because there will also be 6 kids in ages from 1 to 8 there. I have a feeling the calm will fade fast once everyone gets there..........................................

This entry was posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment