It's Been A SAD, Exhausting, Crazy Week!!

Posted by: cheryl

The week started out ok/normal enough I guess until Wednesday afternoon when I received a phone call from my son-in-law.  He was trying to call the daughter.  I told him she was probably taking a nap with the boys since it was around 3:00 in the afternoon.  He proceeded to tell me that he was at the hospital because his Step-dad Tony had been taken there with what appeared to be symptoms of a stroke.  I told Steven I would keep trying to contact Keri.  I finally contacted Keri and relayed Stevens message.  After talking we decided that the son and I would come after the boys so she could go be with her husband and  the family.  Her brother and sister-in-law were going to pick her up.   Keep in mind this was the day we were getting snow and the roads were covered.  So off we went to get the grandsons to spend the night because it was going to be a long one for Steven and Keri.  I kept in contact with her throughout the night and into the morning hours.  I didn't get any sleep either.  I was praying for the family, Tony, and the whole situation.  It was heavy on my mind.
I got a text about midnight saying they were having to make a decision to have emergency surgery and around 5 a.m. keri sent me a text saying nothing could be done.  SUCH SAD NEWS!!!!
Well, Ritzy and I decided the help we could give would be to take the boys and let Steven & Keri do whatever they needed to do to help Steven's Mom and family. 
Hence the crazy, hectic schedule up until yesterday.  Yesterday was the memorial service and I told Keri that P-pa and I would just get the boys after the service and go home and they could be free to do whatever needed to be done the rest of the day.  Keri sent a text telling me they would be here sometime around 8 in the evening.  We had already given the boys their baths, brushed their teeth and given them their milk by the time their parents arrived.  They boys were sure glad to see 'mama & daddy'....and I could finally take a breath and relax.
What is so sad is that the boys were told that Paw-paw was sick and they just don't realize what all this means yet. They have asked about him and where he is a few times.   I just told keri to keep showing them pictures of paw-paw and talk about him.  That way he always stays alive in their hearts and minds even tho they can't actually be with or see him and it's ok to miss him or want to see him or be sad because they can't see him.
Tony was a great guy and you could tell that by seeing all the people at his memorial service.  There was easily 400+ people  in attendance to attest to that fact.  He will be missed.  Anita is going to need our prayers in the coming days/months/years...I can't even imagine what she is going through but all we can do is keep reminding her of how much we love her and how much we care about what she is dealing with.  I just pray God's comfort and peace on her always......
With that Ritzywife is out..............................................

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .


Post a Comment