HOT...HOT....HOT....

Posted by: cheryl

That is about all I have to say about the weather here in Oklahoma the past week or so. We are supposed to get a little releif in a couple of days. It will only be in the 90's. haha!!!
I made 5 batches of wild or (chokecherry) jelly today. That sure warmed up the kitchen.
Ritzy and I picked those little things Saturday evening. It was no fun, they are about the size of a pea. We both had sweat dripping off us. The tree is in Dad's yard and earlier in the day he showed me they were ripe. We decided we would meet back up there in the evening and pick the fruit.
Ritzy and I showed up, drove the truck under the tree and started picking. We were making plenty of noise. Well, we were just about finished and my phone rang....it was Dad telling us to not come up there cause it was toooooo hot to do anything. I laughed and told him that Ritzy and I were just about finished, he could not believe it, so he came out the last 10 minutes we were there. I brought home the fruit and prepared the juice for jellymaking.
Blackberry used to be my favorite flavor of jelly, but I think I have switched to the chokecherry. It sure is good!!!!
Ritzy and I did some yard work in that baking sun Saturday. I don't know what got into us. As hot as it was, we spent the day outside in 103 degree temps instead of 70 degrees inside.
Speaking of hot, I think my brain is telling me it's too hot to think, and with that Ritzywife is out.......Stay cool!!!!!!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment